As the trade association dedicated to promoting the preservation and advancement of Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry, the Ohio Soft Drink Association is the voice for bottling firms, manufacturers and beverage companies across Ohio. OSDA’s work creates a unified body within the beverage industry to support legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry, while supplying the public and policymakers with timely and accurate information.
Ohio’s beverage industry is a growing business that employs thousands of workers throughout the state, invests in communities and contributes more than one billion dollars annually in state and federal taxes. Our members offer consumers myriad brands, flavors and packaging choices and a full range of drink options: soft drinks, diet soft drinks, ready-to-drink teas, bottled waters, water beverages, 100 percent juice, juice drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks.
Collectively, our members have taken action and embraced innovation. Our efforts have cut calories in beverages and promoted the importance of a balanced diet and exercise in schools. We have made environmental stewardship a priority in industry operations, while searching for more ways to become even more environmentally conscious. We strive to communicate more effectively about our products and how they fit into a balanced lifestyle.
Please explore our site and learn more about Ohio’s beverage industry.
Recent Blog Posts
- Beverage Taxes As Job Killers: Philly Pain Continues (2/28/2017) - As my colleagues around the country grapple with beverage tax threats, I think a little perspective and a large dose of reality is in order. Some government bureaucrats tout “soda taxes” as a quick way to make people healthier while fattening government coffers. When you really look at these claims, their arguments fall apart, consumers ... MORE
- Finding Balance (1/27/2017) - This post is not about setting resolutions or losing those stubborn last 10 lbs. on the latest “foolproof” diet plan. Nor is it another restatement of the obvious: obesity is a serious problem in this country. And in a complete departure from sensationalized news stories on obesity, I will not single out a product, industry ... MORE
- Farewell and Best Wishes (1/23/2017) - At the end of 2016, Mike Collins, Market Director for Northwest Ohio Pepsi Beverage Company, retired after 39 years in the beverage business. Mike also completed his service on the Ohio Soft Drink Association board where he served as president the last two years. Reciting his resume doesn’t capture the wit and wisdom of Mike, ... MORE
- Going High-Tech in Toledo: Interactive, Inclusive Play Equipment Coming to Middlegrounds Metropark this Spring (1/23/2017) - Get ready to get moving in Northwest Ohio. The Toledo community will have a new opportunity to be active and have fun— thanks to Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry. In December, the Ohio Soft Drink Association presented Toledo Mayor Paula Hicks-Hudson with a grant to fund the installation of an interactive and inclusive play system, which ... MORE
- Welcoming 2017 (1/23/2017) - Now that all of the yearend parties are over and resolutions made (and possibly broken by now), I think it’s time to focus on getting things done. What I love about my beverage industry folks is that they live in the real world. Part of what attracted me to this gig and what has kept ... MORE
Learn how Ohio’s beverage companies are delivering more choices, smaller portions, fewer calories and clearer labels. Click here.
Want Things Cleared Up?
Visit Let’s Clear It Up, a new website created by America’s beverage companies, to clear things up about the products we make. Read, learn and share the clarity!