As the trade association dedicated to promoting the preservation and advancement of Ohio’s non-alcoholic beverage industry, the Ohio Soft Drink Association is the voice for bottling firms, manufacturers and beverage companies across Ohio. OSDA’s work creates a unified body within the beverage industry to support legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry, while supplying the public and policymakers with timely and accurate information.
Ohio’s beverage industry is a growing business that employs thousands of workers throughout the state, invests in communities and contributes more than one billion dollars annually in state and federal taxes. Our members offer consumers myriad brands, flavors and packaging choices and a full range of drink options: soft drinks, diet soft drinks, ready-to-drink teas, bottled waters, water beverages, 100 percent juice, juice drinks, sports drinks and energy drinks.
Collectively, our members have taken action and embraced innovation. Our efforts have cut calories in beverages and promoted the importance of a balanced diet and exercise in schools. We have made environmental stewardship a priority in industry operations, while searching for more ways to become even more environmentally conscious. We strive to communicate more effectively about our products and how they fit into a balanced lifestyle.
Please explore our site and learn more about Ohio’s beverage industry.
Recent Blog Posts
- Giving Thanks (11/22/2016) - Thanksgiving week has arrived. Before we all move through the paces of dinner preparations, road trips, and Black Friday shopping, this is the perfect time to stop and reflect. After all, at its core, Thanksgiving is holiday about gratitude. At the Ohio Soft Drink Association, we have much for which to be grateful. Our Members ... MORE
- Jobs & Community Connect Veterans (11/10/2016) - My father was a paratrooper who made perilous jumps behind enemy lines in Korea. This is something he rarely discussed—except to correct my history book’s description of his service as “police action”. He and many others served with little public recognition. My father buried this slight and got busy working in Akron’s then thriving rubber ... MORE
- A Message from our Executive Director – REFRESH Fall 2016 (10/17/2016) - As this summer’s facility tour season (tour-a-palooza) ends, I want to thank our members for their engaging visits with legislators and local officials. I also appreciate legislators making time to learn more about Ohio’s beverage industry. Whether we walked around production facilities or distribution centers, great conversations on workforce development, calorie management and Ohio’s business ... MORE
- Repurpose With a Purpose (10/14/2016) - Beverage facilities are models of recycling and repurposing materials. From cardboard to out of date product, our members send very few things to landfills. Common to most facilities are syrup barrels-- large, rigid plastic containers that enjoy many “second lives” after they hold a key ingredient for soft drinks. In the Coca-Cola system, some of ... MORE
- Kinship & Connection for Health (10/12/2016) - Our industry has a longstanding commitment to being part of the solution to reducing obesity. Across the nation, our efforts to provide consumers with more choices, smaller portions and fewer calories have been amplified through the Balance Calories Initiative. Here in Ohio, one way our members are doing this is through our support of the ... MORE
Learn how Ohio’s beverage companies are delivering more choices, smaller portions, fewer calories and clearer labels. Click here.
Want Things Cleared Up?
Visit Let’s Clear It Up, a new website created by America’s beverage companies to clear things up about the products we makes. Read, learn and share the clarity!